Faith, Family and Failure.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 blogs, 2 days, 2 much

I have to blog again.

It's hard to relate to teenagers. Sometimes I find myself wondering how I've become so far removed from teenisms in the eight years since I've graduated, that's when I remember that I was just as far removed during those awkward high school years.

When Trish and I first met, we had nothing in common aside from our friends and our mutual strangeness, that's changed to now having everything in common. Then I met Ahmi, oh, almost two years ago. He and I have a lot in common. We both enjoy pretending to be dinosaurs crawling around on the floor. Jeremy and I both have a passion for God's word. My sister and I both enjoy saying things that make others uncomfortable. I'm glad I have people to relate to outside of ministerial relationships. I love these kids, but they're going to drive me insane. If I continue to love and share the truth with them throughout the course of my downward mental spiral, maybe I'll have "run in such a way" that I can get some sort of prize. At least a participants ribbon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I could be in Mensa if my brain wasn't shot all to heck.